Sunday, March 25, 2012

50's Inspired shoot, How Do You Clean Your House?...

Hello everyone, I hope that you all had a good weekend..I spent my weekend taking pictures, and trying out different things, trying to learn my camera. I decided that I wanted to do a 50's inspired photo-shoot since I love the 50's, plus I was inspired by Mongs question, from My Thrifty Closet.. of what do you wear when you clean your house?.. So, I am going to show you how I clean my house..

Forever 21 Jacket dress $20.00 from Ebay...little pricey..but I had to have it!
Blue tunic $3.00 from Rue 21


This Jacket has sailor buttons on it, and puffs all the way out like dresses from the 50's


I am so happy about cleaning....just like the 50's women...lol





I would rather be reading Glamour...


Even when I am vacuuming, it is done in fashion...



Ready for a nap...



My daughter Emily is a model too..she had to jump in..


Had to put this pic..classic..my daughter picking her nose!


Glamour, my favorite magazine..had to add a cute 50's inspired bow..



What it looks like without the jacket dress..



Gotta have accessories..Apt. 9 purse $2.99 Goodwill.


I love these shoes..They are a different pattern, yellow with cherries, and they just said 50's to me..


Shoes $3.99 Goodwill

Hope you enjoyed my pictures..I had fun coming up with ways to shoot the pics. I accidentally hit post already..so this was for my Monday post :)..enjoy..

In closing, I wanted to say that it is important to love yourself, no matter what you look like. Women have so much emphasis put on how we should look, what size we are, what we should and should not wear. The media has gone overboard with this, only certain ages are good for selective  modeling, certain sizes, body types, bodies with no stretch marks, only "pretty faces"..etc.. Well ladies, I have had two kids, I am 27, and I have stretch marks, have gained 20lbs since having my son, and I realized how hard and judgmental I am on myself!! I will get back to the size I want to be..but I need to love myself, for me and how I look. Mother's are gods greatest gift..love yourself, stretch marks and all, they are beauty marks from god giving us our greatest gift that we give to the world. We are all beautiful no matter what we wear, or what size we are..Wear what you love with confidence..be the size you want to be with confidence, improve yourself for you, because that's what YOU want..Life is so short and we are too hard on ourselves. Beauty is within, and shines on the outside when we love ourselves.. 


































1 comments:

  1. To quote RuPaul If you can't love yourself, how in the hell ya gonna love anybody else?"

    Nice shoot. Love the central vac. Very Jetson-esque and "modern". Perfect for that period.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your kind words..They touch my heart, and leave a smile on my face. Thanks for stopping by.