Monday, August 20, 2012

Where Have I been?...Crazy Hair-loss...And...Happy Birthday To Me..

Hello dear readers...I am sorry for my absence. I have been going through a hard time with severe hair loss..and I have been very down..and waiting to hear what is going on with me, as I have been to a few different doctors.
For 9mos now I have been experiencing LOTS of hair loss ever since the birth of my son. I have always lost hair ever since high school, but never to the severity of this. Since I have been doing my postings I have been adding extensions to make my hair look fuller and to "disguise" the hair-loss that has been occurring. Since my last few postings, the hair in the front had been becoming more noticeable, so I decided to take a break until I felt a little better about me, and my appearance. Silly right? it's just hair! As women though, our hair is a big part of how we see ourselves everyday...we spend thousands of dollars a year just trying to make our hair "who we are". Over the course of this hair-loss I have spent many nights crying as my hair is falling out by handfuls everywhere..and thinking that I am going to loose all of my hair...or that I may be dying...one never knows.
The dermatologist thinks that I have Telogen Effluvium, http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss/effluviums which you can get after a traumatic experience to your body. I have had a scalp biopsy done to either side of my scalp as well...to see if I am getting female pattern baldness as well to explain the hair-loss over the years. My head is still sore, and I have stitches that will be in for two weeks, but hopefully I will know what is going on soon.
I recently got my hair cut to hide the hair-loss, and bangs so that you can't see all of the rows of hair in the front that I have lost. I have decided that for awhile I will not be wearing my extensions..that I am just going to picture me as I am. I feel like I am more round looking now with this cut, so I have more weight to loose! I have lost 35 pounds since I have had my son, but I still have 10 more to go.
Please bear with me as I go through this I have good and bad days..but I am feeling better since I have gotten my hair-cut as it hides the loss better. Hopefully, things will be better soon, or they will be able to give me treatments to regrow my hair-loss if needed.
My birthday was this Sunday, August 19th..and I was feeling pretty bad about turning 28, loosing handfuls of hair..etc. However, I had one of the best birthdays I have ever had, thanks to my family and friends. Everyone has been very supportive, and did their best to make sure that I had a great birthday. Here are some of the pictures from my birthday, as I didn't get many because I was enjoying it too much.
I went to an amazing vintage shop in Columbus called Flower Child..I didn't take pictures all through the store, because some shops do not like that, but I have a few. If you have never been to this shop..you need to go, it is AMAZING.


This is my wonderful loving friend Lynne, trying on all of the different hats in the shop.


Yep, see that gorgeous princess dress in her hands?..


Mad Hatter hat...


They just don't make things like this anymore..



I was just fascinated with all of the hats that they had..and believe me, that wasn't all...



This is not ALL of the clothes that they had at all..they had 2 basements, and tons of rooms full of clothes.



I thought that this hat looked great on her.

After the shop we strolled through the short north and looked at some shops through the windows and I loved the wedding dresses in this shop...





These pictures were taken at Hyde Park, which is a fabulous restaurant, with my second mom and Lynne.


This is me and Jean :)


Me and Lynne :) These are not great pictures of me..but they were all I had.


These pictures were taken on my birthday..with my daughter Emily..
Jessica MCclintock dress: $7.99 from Volunteers of America
Max Azria wedges: $3.99 from Goodwill






Bowling with Emily...



Now for the B-day presents...


So, for my B-Day I really wanted this dress..I lost this dress on Ebay by $1.00 at the last second and cried..because all I wanted for my birthday was this princess dress. I wanted to be a princess for my birthday. This dress is one-of-a-kind..and I searched for two months for it in many states and still have not found it.



This is the beautiful princess dress that was bought for me by Jean, and Lynne :)
Thanks guys!





Birthday flowers...



Beautiful vintage jewelry...




Another Audrey picture to add to my collection in my room..


Another great birthday dress that I received....


and another great gift...



and my last gift...How loved am I?..











8 comments:

  1. Some pretty awesome gifts there! I'm in love with those dresses. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Heather....it's really great seeing you again!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! You are soooo beautiful, pretty lady!! Amazing photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather I was really touched by your honesty in this post. You look so beautiful in the outfit that you have on while shopping. I was seriously taken by its ethereal sweetness. I love your haircut, it looks beautiful on you and I am not just sayin this to say it. It enhances your vintage outfits giving you an authentic retro appeal. Happy belated birthday, I will pray for your healing. I know this must be very difficult for you to deal with, especially with being a fashion blogger. God allows things to happen, we may not understand them but there is a spiritual healing involved with a physical one. I know because this happened to me in March when I had my breasts reduced. It was one of the most difficult things I have ever gone thru but God was wanting me to lean on Him hard and the spiritual renewal was birthed through the 3 months of physical pain. Dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh heather, i'm so sorry you've been going through all that. it makes my heart sad. i am glad that you had a fantastic birthday. sending you healing wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your loving and supportive words..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your style. do not worry you will get better! You have an angel face :) I am with you and I will love to see you getting better and smiling a lot more! You are beautiful and I bet it is not the first time someone told you! I love Audrey Hepburn too! COuld you please consider following each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com I started my blog 2 months ago and I need more feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm hitting the follow button now as I would like to hear how this all turns out for you. Believe it or not you are an inspiration to many. Just reading your post I was sitting here thinking to myself that I wish I could be that open as to share my trials and tribulations with my readers. I haven't quite made it there but I'm getting closer. Thanks for sharing and I am praying that you will be fine.

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your kind words..They touch my heart, and leave a smile on my face. Thanks for stopping by.