Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Big Unveiling..Half Raven, Half Edgar Allen Poe...All Hand Sewn..

Hello lovelies. I have been so antsy to show you my big costume! I love Halloween and I love being creative with it. This is the first year that I decided to make my own costume and I sewed it by hand and came up with the idea on my own. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but it ended up nice I thought. It took me two hours to do the makeup, because I am not that good with makeup..I ended up practicing the night before, and then the next day I got it. What I did was I bought all of my clothes from a thrift store first. I then cut everything in half and sewed them together. I made my collar out of pleather and feather shoots from JoAnne fabric. I made my tail out of tulle, ribbon, and black feathers. The wigs were a little tricky..I cut the girl wig in half and sewed both halves together, and then sewed it to the other wig. My makeup like I said took me forever.. So, What do you think? I have entered it in four contests, and I am hoping that someone will see all of my hard work :) Some of the other pictures that I will be posting on here are from my daughters Halloween party that I put together and some of the things that I made for the house. I will also be putting some links on here to the contests that I entered if you would like to give me a vote, or a like, or just check it out :)


Raven side, but a full shot of look..





Edgar Allen Poe side..



Raven tail..


I put her together for the paty..she is made out of grocery bags, yard sticks, and I used thrifty clothes on her, and a Halloween mask. This was my ghoulish table that I put together..





This girl was there too..



We had to have our party in the garage so, you will have to excuse the background..lol. These were some of the treats for the monsters.




Jello brain, but they ate all the worms..


pumpkin craft table


Monsters eating area..


Puss punch anyone?...


This is my granny, I made her be a cat lady for Halloween..lol


she looks great!





pumpkin decorating table



some pumpkins the kids made..





isn't she precious..



my son with the crazy cat lady..


I could have taken great photos of her for portraits..


Bobbing for apples...


Frankenfoot!..lol this was a game called brains and eyes..you have to put your feet in spaghetti and pull the eyes out



My daughter in the room being a girl..too big for games


mummy wrap time...this is the best game I swear


he kept saying it took way too much toilet paper to wrap him..



my son..cutest monster ever..




the artist did this pumpkin


My daughters pumpkin with help..


How cute..


Emily had to have a tail on this ..

I hope you love all of the Halloween..I posted a blog of the rest of the house decorations last week if you want to check it out.

If you like my costume..you can vote for it here..
http://bit.ly/S5ZXgc

Today I am linking up with:


Thrifters Anonymous pleated poppy
</>



26 comments:

  1. your costume... its incredible!! really amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather!! Your costume should win an award! It was scary and pretty at the same time. You are really talented at sewing and design. Man, I love it. The spaghetti eyeball game cracked me up. What a great party you put together, looked like so much fun!! Who's vintage car is in your garage? My eye caught that in some of the photos. Granny as the cat lady was great. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! that car is emily's dad's 59 Cadillac

      Delete
  3. Coolest halloween post ever!!! Love it all!

    Your costume is brilliant and inspired! Hope you win something for that!

    Your granny is gorgeous, even as a mad cat lady! And you can tell her someone in New Zealand said that!!
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! and I will tell her what you said she will love it!

      Delete
  4. SO awesome and creative!! I am blown away by your talent, you definitely deserve an award!!! And I just adore the cat lady, such a cute idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! you are not the first one to say that I should get an award :)

      Delete
  5. Wow you guys really got into the Halloween spirit! Looks like you had so much fun! Our big Halloween party is tomorrow. Your costume is probably the most creative thing I've ever seen, and you completely nailed it! You look awesome.
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible costume and it looks like you threw the best party EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thanks! I say that I am the Halloween queen lol

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for following me.
    I am following you back and hope we become great blogger friends.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following you in Bloglovin and google+ too.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOw, you look amazing, SO much effort put into your costume, sheer brilliance! The party looks so creative too! Have to say, the food totally makes me shudder- amazing the power of suggestion it suggesting disgusting things, even though I bet it tasted amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the food to be gross! the more disgusting the better ha ha

      Delete
  10. HEATHER HEATHER HEATHER!!! AMAZING COSTUME! O H MY GOSH!!! So well done. I love love love your grannies costume the absolute most and funniest. My daughter wanted me to be a Crazy Cat Lady a few years ago but we opted for a zombie instead. I will have to do similar to what your Granny did for next Halloween. Did you see my Witchi poo costume? actually, it was Boo-Ha-Ha! All of what you guys did was so great. Very fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow totally amazing costume you clearly have some serious skills!! Thanks for joining in with Wardrobe Weds

    ReplyDelete
  12. heather your costume is a true work of art, & your party looks like complete & total fun. i don't know if i could drink that punch though. ;) i like how you decorate too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. um WHAT! i can't believe how fantastic that costume is! i've never seen something so original and intricate. congrats, that's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heather I love it u know u are an amazing creative woman.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks to all of you for your kind words.

      Delete

Thank you all for your kind words..They touch my heart, and leave a smile on my face. Thanks for stopping by.