Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Peplum 80's Cutie..And A Breakdown..

Hello lovelies. I hope that you are all having a great day. As you all know..I will be heading to Salvation Army for half-off day today! This sweater that I am wearing is one that I found on half-off day..and I was glad to find it. I think it is one of the nicest 80's sweaters that I have ever seen. It has a little bit of puff at the sleeves, and a little bit of peplum at the bottom..oh, and just enough sparkle and shine for a nice evening out. What do you think of it? I almost forgot that it also has a peek-a-boo back to it! So, this week was a big surprise for me when I went out to start my car up to take my daughter to school and the car didn't start..needless to say..I had to get a new battery for my car this week..I don't know about you, but my car has been nothing but problems since the day I bought it, and the sad part is that I bought it brand new! I have already put 1,000 in it for repairs this year..and it  is still costing me..I wish I could get a new car, but this one is paid for..so you know how that goes..and I can't afford another car payment. My wallet is going through a major breakdown! and so is my car! Good thing my clothes are cheap..


Vintage 80's sweater: $2.00 from Salvation Army
Inked & Distresses jeans: $6.00 from Salvation Army
Charlotte Ruse heels: $8.00 from Plato's Closet



Total look: $16.00




Have a great day everyone..thanks for stopping by..

Today I am linking up with:



pleated poppy Wallet-Friendly Wednesday


Wow Wow Wednesday with This Girls Life

20 comments:

  1. It's beautiful and you look dreat!
    Donna
    www.prettysparklythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look GORGEOUS! that top is amazing! thank you so much for stopping by my blog and saying hello, heather!! now following you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful look!!!
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous look, love the top,nice blog
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im a new follower from the blog hop! whoop whoop! Great blog!

    www.delabelle-k.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from Wardrobe Wednesday and LOVE the look! You look adorbs and I'm a huge fan of thrift store shopping. I intend to pop into a couple this afternoon myself. The sweater gives you a great shape.

    www.domesticatedworkingwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your car being so problematic, hopefully this will be the last time it needs repairing. On the bright side, your top is gorgeous! Love how it sparkles and the surprise peek a boo in the back!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a great sweater! Very cute!

    Hope that everything with your car gets worked out soon!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome sweater; that was a great find! I found you at The Pleated Poppy link up. I am loving your style and have found a lot of inspiration in your blog! I'm very happy to be a new follower and hope we can keep in touch!

    xx
    Serena
    http://theserenasaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sweater and those heels are rockin!

    Found you threw the followers to friends hop :)

    Ashley
    Beauty Flawed

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh super cute you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SASSY HOT CHIC.....that's how you look here Heather!!!

    REBECCA
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy smokes, that sweater is amazing and looks beyond perfect on you! I used to love half-off day at Salvation Army, but out local store just closed. Basically, I'm stuck with Value Village and Goodwill for thrifting. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Heather, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it on you. What a beauty...you and the peplum. Sexy and sassy. dawn suitcase vignettes I would have been all over that. Maybe we can't ever thrift together...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sweater is darling. It's amazing how style keeps repeating itself. You would definitely pay a huge penny for something like this today!


    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your kind words..They touch my heart, and leave a smile on my face. Thanks for stopping by.