Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Princess 50's Style Birthday Dress...Taken From The Backroom..

Hello everyone. I hope that you all are having a good day. I wanted to show everyone this beautiful gift that I received for my birthday. I had wanted a princess dress for my 28th birthday this year, found one, then lost it by $1.00 on Ebay! I searched for two months, no luck..as each 50's dress is truly one of a kind. I stopped at a vintage shop in Columbus called Flower Child. When I got there I was just browsing through their vintage prom dresses, and still no luck...well I had to go to the bathroom while I was there and...guess what was sitting in the back room in the bathroom??...yep, this dress. I am not sure what it was doing back there, it had the price tag on it, but I assumed that it was being held for someone. I ended up leaving the shop empty handed, and sad that I would have no princess dress for my birthday...A few days later I went back to the shop with Jean and Lynne, since they were taking me out for my birthday, and Lynne asked "where can we find you a princess dress in here?" I said...well there was one in the bathroom a few days ago...I could see the question mark look on her face...as she said..."well, you must try it on then!" As we went back to the bathroom, the dress was still there in the backroom in the same place. We locked the bathroom door, and I had to try it on. Let me say that it took two women to squeeze me into this dress...lol! I was able to get this on though by myself when I wore it this day, but it was painful, and hard to breathe lol. I just need to loose a few inches! Anyway..so, we took the dress out of the backroom and carried it around, and decided to barter the dress down some. I made Lynne do it, because I was too scared...lol. She did get 30.00 knocked off of it, but the associate had to call the owner on the phone and she kept saying "What pink dress?" "Where did she find it?" one will never tell...lol. The birthday princess had to have her dress...
On another note. I found out today that I have female pattern baldness, so I will be loosing my hair at a slow process. Those were the results found from my scalp biopsy, and I am getting my stitches out Thursday. I have decided that since I will be loosing my hair that getting a wig at some point will be fun, and I can be a different girl everyday when that happens.


Birthday dress (gift) $120.00 from Flower Child Vintage
Necklace and earring set (gift) $20.00 from Logan antique shop
Lei shoes: $2.00 from the Salvation Army


Total princess look: $142.00 in gifts!





Emily:
Dress: $2.00 from Salvation Army
Shoes: .79 from Goodwill


Total look: $2.79



Have a great day everyone...thanks for stopping by.

Linking up with:


   pleated poppy





17 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I'm glad that you and your little princess could match too!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the dress!

    Addie

    x

    http://borregomoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather is this female pattern baldness permanent? You seem to be taking this very well. Keeping you in my prayers. Now on to this magnificent dress, you look beautiful. Very voluptuous but adorably sweet. Dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn
    Yes, it is. I guess it is hereditary. I have lost lot's of hair for years, but nothing like this to where it has been obvious to others. It has been bothering me for 9mos now to the point where it has been very emotional, and hard to deal with at times. Now, I am getting used to it, and I think that it could always be worse. Atleast I am healthy and will be able to watch my kids grow :). Thanks for your sweet words as always, it is always nice to see you stop by.
    Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the perfect princess dress! But gosh, that diagnosis must be scary! You seem to be figuring out how to handle it well, and it's true, there are many beautiful and fun wigs out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heya, I just stumbled across your blog from the Blog Party, and I'm glad I did :) this dress is so pretty!!

    I am now following as Pretty In Pink on GFC :)

    http://pretty-in-pink-blog.com

    Let me know if you stop by!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY Birthday! What a FAB dress! Thank goodness for good girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look awesome and so is your little girl! :)

    Great thrifts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so beautiful this this pink confection. Little Emily looks like a doll too. Her outfit was a total steal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THIS.DRESS!! GORGEOUS! Hmmm...I wonder what it was doing in the bathroom though. Who cares!? Everything about this screams princess!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm linking this webpage from my personal weblog . this has all the usefull data necessary.

    Feel free to visit my blog post :: having trouble getting pregnant the third time

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am linking this webpage from my personal blog . this has all of the usefull data
    necessary.

    Have a look at my web page :: why am i not getting pregnant

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your kind words..They touch my heart, and leave a smile on my face. Thanks for stopping by.